Re: DEX Python 2.6->2.7 transition

On 05/24/2011 08:46 AM, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Possibly yes, but only if the bugs you mentioned already have fixes in
> Ubuntu. Maybe that fact is obvious to you, but it is not necessarily the
> case on this list (and it's not the case for me anyhow :-)). If it is
> the case, I believe this could make a very relevant DEX project.
>
> If you can comment on that it'd be great. The next step will then be to
> get the debian-python mailing list in the loop.

It's work that we know we need to do in Ubuntu in the next 6 months to 1
year, but we'd like to do it in Debian (unstable) first, since Debian
needs the work too, and then let the changes flow naturally downstream
to Ubuntu. It generally fits the idea of coordinating between
derivatives and Debian, so Debian benefits from the changes, but it's
more advanced planning to avoid divergences than merging divergences
that have already happened. Maybe that means this isn't a DEX project.

Will take it to debian-python next, just wanted to hear first if we'd be
using DEX as a coordination point. (If not DEX, I'll set up a page on...
not the Ubuntu wiki, maybe on the debian-python pages, or a one-off
somewhere.)

Allison