Re: www.d.o/misc/children-distros

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 13:09:32 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to make the descriptions on children-distros consistent,
> suggested format:

> overview of the goals and information about the distro</p>
> info...</a></p>
>
> We should try to rewrite any descriptions given to us to make them
> more clear and less like advertising.

Seems reasonable, perhaps with an img tag next to the distro.

> The Debian website mentions a lot of inactive Debian derivatives,
> including some as long dead as Corel Linux or Progeny.
>
> I would suggest that for all distros that are dead, inactive or no
> longer directly based on Debian we should:
>
> Remove their blurb from children-distros

Yep.

> Remove their Derivatives/Census/ page if it exists (a thought for the
> future).

I'd suggest leaving it in the wiki, but perhaps stick it on a 'silent
projects' subpage, or subsection.

> Maybe add a link to the distrowatch page in the section about inactive
> distros. Not sure how to decide if the link gets added or not.

If a project has no home page anymore, distrowatch might be the only
place to follow it. (if distrowatch never caught it, do we really care
to track it ourselves?)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)