Re: meeting poll closes in ~ 20 hours, thoughts on the agenda

On Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:40:27 +0200
"Jeremiah C. Foster" <jeremiah@jeremiahfoster.com> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2011, at 11:22, Karl Goetz wrote:
>
> > I've been looking back through old emails, and noticed this
> > suggestion from Stefano:
> >
> >> How about starting with a proposed session "Debian and its
> >> Derivatives" for http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting to
> >> bootstrap the derivatives periodic meeting stint?
> >
> > How does that sound for a meeting topic? Any sub 'issues' of "Debian
> > and its Derivatives" you'd like to talk about?
>
> I'd like to discuss the diff or the delta between Debian and an
> arbitrary Derivative. What are we derivatives patching? Are there
> patches that should get back into Debian? (I'd bet there are because
> some of the derivatives are quite high-quality and have the freedom
> to do interesting things that you can't do with a large project like
> Debian.)

Are you thinking of making it the full meeting, or having an item where
a distro gets to talk about their delta, why its there, and discuss
ways of merging it back?

> How do we bring patches back into Debian? I'd like to do this with
> Maemo - identify patches via some kind of automated data mining and
> then push back the relevant patches to Debian. Has anyone else
> embarked on a project like this?

Pabs' script may end up providing us information like this (the mining
part at least).

> Feel free to reply to this thread if you don't think comments on my
> topic are appropriate for the agenda.

Sounds good, whichever way of setting it out you thought ;)

Rough agenda (so far):
- total meeting time 60 min
 - introductions 10-15 min
 - your item above, 30 min(?)
 - other stuff 15 min
 - wrap up 1 min

Your item/other stuff will be clarified when i understand exactly what
you're proposing. The items look good, just not sure how you're
suggesting it happens.
thanks,
kk

--