Re: meeting poll closes in ~ 20 hours, thoughts on the agenda

On Oct 15, 2011, at 11:22, Karl Goetz wrote:

> Hi all,
> In just under a day I'll close the meeting time poll being hosted by
> doodle [1]. The meeting will take place on IRC in #debian-derivatives
> on OFTC.
>
> [1] http://doodle.com/dky3hy9b27qpzxxc
>
> I've been looking back through old emails, and noticed this suggestion
> from Stefano:
>
>> How about starting with a proposed session "Debian and its
>> Derivatives" for http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting to
>> bootstrap the derivatives periodic meeting stint?
>
> How does that sound for a meeting topic? Any sub 'issues' of "Debian
> and its Derivatives" you'd like to talk about?

I'd like to discuss the diff or the delta between Debian and an arbitrary Derivative. What are we derivatives patching? Are there patches that should get back into Debian? (I'd bet there are because some of the derivatives are quite high-quality and have the freedom to do interesting things that you can't do with a large project like Debian.)

How do we bring patches back into Debian? I'd like to do this with Maemo - identify patches via some kind of automated data mining and then push back the relevant patches to Debian. Has anyone else embarked on a project like this?

Feel free to reply to this thread if you don't think comments on my topic are appropriate for the agenda.

Regards,

Jeremiah