Re: Debian derivatives census: errors with SecureApt

On Wed, 25 May 2011 13:52:56 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If you are receiving this mail that means you are participating in the
> Debian derivatives census[1] and that your entry has an issue.

Only because the keyring isn't used by the aptitude test.

... the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY B5B7720097BB3B58

$ sudo apt-key list
/etc/apt/trusted.gpg

pub   1024D/97BB3B58 2007-04-30
uid                  Emdebian Archive Signing Key
sub   2048g/FEFD537E 2007-04-30

This key is in the emdebian-archive-keyring package:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/e/emdebian-archive-keyring.html

> Please ensure that your entry's sources.list does not generate any
> errors when someone runs apt-get/aptitude update on it. You can test it
> locally using these commands and watching for any errors or warnings.

This test is flawed, AFAICT, if the repository uses SecureApt. I don't
use aptitude enough to work out how to alter the test but apt does work
with these sources.

--

Neil Williams