Re: census issues mails?

:: Paul Wise Freitag 05 August 2011
> Please add a comment indicating that no apt repository is provided,
> that you publish binaries and source in an image and a tarball and
> where both of these can be downloaded.

I wonder whether this is a common phenomenon for derivatives to create
packaging metadata sparsingly or not at all.
For SPACEflight, for example, the effect is something like a "rolling
debianisation effort": Many things are just pulled into the base image through
some scripts at first, and if they stabilise in how they're structured,
they're promoted to packages.
I wouldn't say that this is a planned or desired strategy, but for our use
case (get research prototypes out to the public fast, upgrade/deinstallation
not a necessity) it's the effect which seems to happen always for efficiency.

Josef