Release announcements?

The primary goal of debian-derivatives is to foster cooperation within
derivatives, and between derivatives and Debian.  New project
announcements / introductions feed well into that, for example the
recent discussion resulting from the introduction of DoudouLinux.

Would new release announcements be welcome here?  I did a quick scan
of the list, and didn't come up with any attempts.  I'm personally
divided on the idea.  On one hand, it's blatant promotion.  On the
other, keeping an eye on the releases of other derivatives would be
healthy to know what's happening in the derivatives community.  (I
carefully avoided using the term "competition", even tongue in cheek,
since I doubt any derivative project says "the only reason we exist is
to be better than X.")  Still, it may drown out the direct cooperation
on the list.  Thoughts?

RF