Re: census: apt sources.list snippets

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Neil Williams wrote:

> If the scripts are to be published, IMHO the scripts should have the
> option to use apt-get instead of aptitude.

Yep, already switched.

> On the other hand, using different suites can make things easier when
> using the derivatives to prepare a bootstrap from mixed repositories.

True, my comment was mainly from the point of view of the census.
Having them doesn't break other use cases though.

> For apt-get:
> -o Apt::Get::AllowUnauthenticated=true

Just tried that and it doesn't seem to work in my case, I still get
warnings. Using David's fakegpgv idea does though.

> A few problems with alioth right now, but as long as it works...

Published here:

git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/dex/census.git
git://git.debian.org/git/dex/census.git

Minimal docs in doc/README, feel free to ask any questions on this list.

Contributions welcome. Especially for making make -jX work with the
Makefile based approach.

If folks have more ideas for integration, please add them here:

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Integration

I expect there might be some push-back for integration of the
derivatives info into Debian infrastructure (as there has been for
Ubuntu info on QA infrastructure), so probably the "demo things first"
approach would be best.

BTW, how about a dex.debian.net domain?

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise