Re: ubuntu keyring?

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I think that this is one of the reasons why Ubuntu packages often don't
> make their way into Debian: Debian developers expect Ubuntu to do it
> themselves, and Ubuntu developers can't do it without help.

While I agree largely, I'd like to point out that the needed "help" is
"just" finding somebody with upload rights to build and upload a prepared
package, while the whole work of preparing a package conforming to Debian
policies can be done without those rights.

Then, sure it can be hard to find a sponsor, but I am sure we could make a
good use of the -derivatives mailing list.

So maybe it's just a perception bias, don't know.

Cheers,

OdyX