Re: Draft of Derivatives/Guidelines -- please contribute

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:40:36 +0100
Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:38:18PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > To help streamlining the construction of "proper" (in legal and
> > technical terms) Debian derivative, with Zack's blessing, I have
> > initiated a Wiki page
> >
> > http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines
>
> Thanks, this is very useful indeed!
>
> It would be nice if people from derivatives distribution who follow
> this list can comment on them or, better :), contribute to that page
> the information they've acquired from their experience in "deriving
> Debian".

I've started adding to the page (just a few packages), but with luck
i'll get back to update it some more in future.

> I'm sure there are quite some glitches in creating a new derivative,
> it would be useful to document that both for people who have done
> that in the past (to keep track of their "proper" deltas) and for who
> is going to do that in the future.

Is this page intended to keep track of all places such deltas may
occur? i have a long list of them :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)