sysvinit: Support quiet booting for splash screens?

Hi Petter,

As part of a patch review for the DEX project[0], I came across this
wishlist bug you submitted on sysvinit:

with a patch from Ubuntu.  Ubuntu itself is no longer carrying this patch,
and I wonder if you're still interested in merging it into Debian anyway.

If so, is there anything stopping it from being merged into sid now?

If not, shall we close the bug?

Please let us know how you would like to proceed with this.

--
 - mdz (on behalf of the Ubuntu DEX team)

[0] http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110318