Re: About Debian derivatives list

On Feb 8, 2011, at 3:46, V A R G U X wrote:

Hi everyone, I saw some Debian derivative distributions in this website http://www.debian.org/News/2011/20110124; it is OK, but for now is a tiny list.

If I can help, it's possible to see this page in wikipedia in spanishhttp://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Distribuciones_Linux#Basadas_en_Debian, realized by several people, including me, listing distributions and its derivatives.

Maybe can help so much.

Regards.

Fabián

Thanks Fabián, that page looks useful. I am a little skeptical however because Moblin is listed in the graphic that accompanies your page and it is listed as a distro that comes directly from Debian's trunk. This is not true, Moblin is a Red Hat / Fedora based distro. MeeGo is listed as coming from Moblin, but this too is not completely accurate since it inherits things from Maemo.

I have some concerns as to the accuracy of the information on that page though I admit my Spanish language skills are fairly weak.

Can you contact those who made the graphic on that page and let them know of their errors or perhaps ask them to engage on the Debian derivatives mailing list so that we can clarify the process and perhaps the accuracy of their document?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jeremiah