Re: Introductions

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure who's on this list, as it's just getting started, so maybe
> folks could introduce themselves?

Hi, I'm Elliot aka statik on IRC. I've been writing code for a long
time and currently work for Canonical as an engineering manager for
Ubuntu One and desktopcouch. I recently became an Ubuntu developer
because I think it's fun and rewarding to shape the operating system,
and just got my first package into Debian via the friendly folks on
the DPMT. I would like to help out more on the Erlang team, and am
especially interested in becoming a DM and perhaps eventually DD
myself as well as figuring out how to help attract more talented
upstream developers to get involved at the distro level directly
rather than "leaving it for someone else to worry about". I see groups
of software developers self identify as Ruby, or Python, or Erlang, or
iPhone, or PHP developers and worry that those developers may never
find their way to working hand in hand with distros where they could
create the best possible software by being able to change anything in
the stack.

--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/