Re: Debian presence at UDS - feedback sought

On ke, 2010-10-20 at 16:15 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > ACK, nice tip. I'll take care of mentioning Lars' initiative of the
> > "upstream front desk". Lars and others, would it make sense to propose a
> > joint group to write down a document "how to release your software and
> > make distribution folks happy?".
>
> Many such guidelines exist, from Debian, Gentoo, Fedora/RedHat and
> other folks, some guidelines and links here:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide

Yeah, what Paul said. That guide (not written by me -- it pre-existed my
Debconf10 talk) is pretty good. It would, however, be a good idea to get
more input from other distros to improve it. The other distros might
have their own documents, too.

(If the other distros feel they'd rather help improve it on neutral
territory, I'd be happy to set up an ikiwiki instance for this, but I'd
rather not do it pre-emptively.)

Having a joint group or mailing list or something to discuss these
things across distros would be a good idea.