Re: Debian presence at UDS - feedback sought

Hi Stefano,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
>  I've been invited to attend the forthcoming UDS (Ubuntu Developer
> Summit) and I'll be able to attend for a few days from October 25 to
> October 28.

I've been invited too but my job is currently eating up most of my
time. That is why I cannot attend myself.

> This is a good chance to stress that IMO we want to pursue this kind of
> collaboration with any derivative or distribution which is interested in
> collaborating with us. Another example of it is Debian participation at
> next OpenSUSE conference (thanks to Rhonda) and I'll surely welcome
> other similar examples in the future (hint hint!).

One of my concerns is the cooperation with upstream developers. Matt
Zimmerman has blogged about that at
<http://mdzlog.alcor.net/2010/08/02/debconf-10-day-2/> (scroll to the
Java packaging nightmare). It would be a nice idea to cooperate with
Ubuntu, SUSE, and other distros to improve awareness of the needs and
principals of Free Software distros on the upstream developer's side.

Cheers,
Torsten