Re: Migrating debbugs' SOAP interface to JSON

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Good to hear! To start it off, I've created a swagger spec that is faithful
> to the current setup:
>
> https://github.com/venthur/debbugs-proposal/blob/master/yaml-unresolved/swagger.yaml

[...]

> If you want to take over the repo as owner, that's fine with me. I can also
> manually merge the current best version to `master` and others make PRs
> against that branch, I don't really mind.

That works for me for starters. I'm happy to make any changes to the API
that make sense to you; I'm totally not wedded to what is currently
returned by the current API either.

> As next steps I propose to improve the `Status` data type (i.e. the return
> value of the former `get_status`:
>
> * do we really need all fields?
> * the `done` field is currently a maintainer or empty if not closed,
>   maybe we can introduce `status` with the possible states: `open`,
>   `pending`, `closed`, `archived` and introduce an optional `closed_by`:
>   <maintaine>, this way we could also get rid of `archived`,
>   `pending` and `unarchived`

What you're looking for is this 'pending' field, which has that
information. The 'archived' and 'unarchived' fields tell you whether a
bug is archived, and when a bug has been unarchived previously. [The
documentation in Debbugs::Status has more of this detail.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

6: If we are one, then we can defeat 2.
  -- "The Prisoner (2009 Miniseries)" _Schizoid_