Re: finding out which version of a package a bug affects

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010, Robert Lemmen wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:08:32AM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > get_status([bug=>nnn,version=>'yyy']); or similar.
>
> ok, i went dowm that route a bit, and i can either get the versions
> of a package in the distributions using get_versions(), and then do
> a get_status() based on these versions, or do a get_status() with
> dist=>'unstable' etc, which seems to do the same thing (correct?).

Right. That's why no one has previously asked for get_versions to be
exported via SOAP.

> in both cases i get the "pending" tag to be set to "absent",
> "pending" or "done", with "pending" meaning the bug is present in
> that version/distribution (correct?).

Pending actually has other values that it can take, like
pending-fixed, forwarded, and fixed. But basically, a bug is not fixed
if pending isn't done.

Don Armstrong

--
This can't be happening to me. I've got tenure.
 -- James Hynes _Publish and Perish_