Re: New debbugs Debian package?

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Don Armstrong wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>> I just wanted to ask, if there are some plans to update the debbugs
>> Debian package? It's is still the same version with the same well-known
>> bugs as it was in Sarge. Should it really be shipped with Etch in this
>> case?
>
>Yes, there are plans to update it.
>
>As far as shipping it in etch, there's no reason not to, because there
>are no RC bugs against it.
>
>What is currently stopping me from making a new upload is that I
>haven't finished implementing archiving so that it works with
>versioning.

In keeping with the theory of "release early, release often", I suggest
that you go ahead and release the new version to experimental at least.  If it's
good enough for Debian to use it's good enough for experimental.  And it would
make that mass of "pending" bug reports rather more comprehensible, and avoid
people asking "Why has that been pending for a year and a half" repeatedly (as I
most certainly would be doing if I hadn't found this message).

It would also get you properly listed as a comaintainer in the PTS.

You're going to get the bug report about archiving vs. versioning anyway since
Debian's using it, so it's not like you'll get unnecessary bug reports by putting
it in experimental.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Read it and weep.