Re: Debbugs and spam

In article <[🔎] 20050114085415.GA7850@iasoon.debian.net> bas@debian.org writes:
>Could you give an indication of how much spam/ham is received on an
>avergae day or so?

Almost 100,000 spams and 500-1000 non-spam.

>Would setting up dedicated Debian mail servers, as suggested a while
>ago, be a possible solution to the problem?

spohr.debian.org is mostly the BTS, and it isn't realy an issue of
machine resources.  The single-threaded spamscan we currently have
means we have to be able to process all 100,000 messages in less than
a day, so we have less than a second to spend on each on average.
Doing DNS or anything else involving a remote database takes longer
than that.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html