Debbugs and spam

Hey all,

Looks like we've gotten to the point where we get so much spam that spamscan can't cope with it as fast as it's coming in. I think we need to start doing stuff about that; but that implies changing the way the BTS behaves; eg, not accepting mail that's not authenticated in some way, and not showing the full contents of bug reports to web browsers that aren't authenticated in some way.

Certainly I prefer that to the alternatives, which seem to be randomly dropping huge chunks of mail and discouraging users from submitting bugs, or just plain closing down the BTS; but no doubt lots of people will be utterly disgusted by the idea...

Cheers,
aj