Re: X-debbugs-cc in the pseudo-header

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 04:14:34PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> I'm writing a bit of anciliary documentation about the BTS, and I'm up to
> talking about X-Debbugs-Cc.  The official docs at
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting state, rather emphatically, that it
> must be in the mail header, not the pseudo-header.  Three questions:
>
> 1) Is this still accurate information?

Yes, it is.

> 2) Why is it done this way, instead of allowing either the mail or pseudo
> header to carry it?
>
> 3) Could the code be modified to scan the pseudo-header as well for
> X-Debbugs-Cc?

I think the main question is what to do when both exist. Concatenate the
values, maybe? (It seems unlikely, but people do all kinds of weird
stuff.)

Also, "X-Debbugs-" is a kind of weird prefix to have on a pseudo-header,
since it's only there because of the way the mail header format works.
I'd expect any pseudo-header equivalent to be simply "Cc:".

Cheers,