Re: spam fighting and the bts

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Blars Blarson wrote:

> In article <[🔎] 20040405142253.GG1662@deadbeast.net> branden@debian.org writes:
> >On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 07:33:54PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> >> Twice in the last 4 days the queue has been bombarded with spams.
> >> Colin cleaned out 15000 a few days ago, and yesterday, I cleaned out
> >> 21000.
> >
> >Jesus Christ.  I knew it was bad because when the BTS gets spammed,
> >debian-x does too, thanks to some of XFree86's geriatric open bugs.
> >
> >But I didn't know it was *that* bad.
>
> Spamassassin on the bts is catching 30,000 - 50,000 spams/day.  The
> procmail rules catch some more.
>
> Recent improvements have reduced the amount of spam getting through
> from saveral hundred a day.  I hope to be able to keep it down to
> under 10/day like today.

For reference, here is the mail volume for the last few days:

debbugs@spohr:/org/bugs.debian.org/mail$ for a in `seq 1 7`;do echo Apr $a
$(grep "Apr 0$a" .logfile|wc -l);done
Apr 1 59212
Apr 2 51344
Apr 3 43068
Apr 4 47002
Apr 5 52326
Apr 6 42214
Apr 7 69384

This is raw mail volume, that enters into promail.