Re: errorlib-functions from a Debbugs::Package

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 07:04:03PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Ok. I guess the conversation is pretty easy (remove, delete the export
> stuff, remove the $main:: hacks)

You also have to work out a sensible API. Stuff in Debbugs:: is "public"
in some sense, and once it's there I think we have to be more careful
about changing it.

> Am So, den 08.02.2004 schrieb Colin Watson um 18:03:
> > I think I suggested not attempting to do it in a separate package for
> > now; if not, I meant to. At some point
>
> why not now? :-)

It shouldn't be bound up with bug subscriptions, and you shouldn't have
to wait for it.

> Or: why not start slowly (i.e. moving out, but still exporting, thus
> leaving the other code unmodified, and then modularize bit by bit)

Incremental improvement is indeed the way forward.