Re: l10n tag in bugs.debian.org (was: Re: String freeze)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:39:44PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> (Blind carbon copy to debian-debbugs)

Ditto

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:16:12AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > > If the i18n tag were added to the BTS, would there immediately be
> > > requests for i18n-fr, i18n-de, etc. (or l10n-, more sensibly) tags?
>
> Okay, there's almost zero chance of getting i18n-fr tags. It might happen
> someday, but it won't happen soon. If you need a URL to say "list all the
> bugs relevant to french translators", then tags aren't going to get you
> that any time soon. Sorry.
[...]
> >   * An i18n team might want to keep an eye on all bugreports about
> >     all languages to follow.  This can be hardly automated today.
>
> Okay, so I've added a "l10n" tag, which is to annotate bug reports about
> problems with a specific translation; but not i18n bugs in general.
> That is, stuff that translators can reasonably be expected to fix,
> as opposed to things like "add gettext support to foobar".

So this tag will be superseded by the alternative scheme, this is why
Javier and I were in favour of a i18n tag, which will still be useful
when the alternative scheme is implemented.
Anyway thanks a lot for having added this tag.

> Please keep in contact with the BTS maintainers (Colin, Adam, Josip
> and me) to make sure this is useful, and to work out how to do things
> better. Also accept that "l10n:fr" tags of any sort almost certainly
> aren't going to happen, although other things could be equally effective.

My previous mail clearly state that I accept it, doesn't it?
I will have enough work with l10n bug triage at the moment, it will be
great if someone else could take care of this.

Denis