Re: Getting the list of all bugs against Debian as a file

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 01:11:57PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 09:46:01PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > > You can do it this way but its one request per source with bugs:
> > >
> > >    w3m -dump "http://bugs.debian.org/~ingo/mrvnbugs/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?src=$SOURCE&rfc822=yes"; \
> >
> > Uh, please do not do this.
> >

> How much less load is it if you do it with ldap?
> Would that be little enough cpu/disk power or should there be an index
> file for this kind of queries?

Err, I guess there will not be that much of "such queries". Beside of l10ner
and maybe porters, who needs to grep in *all* bug reports?

In fact, I guess I was asking for the actual location of the database files
of the debbugs to download it and do whatever datamining I want locally. The
solution I was thinking about was to rsync those files from where they are
now to my box.

Another solution would be to use a slurpd on the ldap server (but I have to
RTFM first). Would it imply an high load on debian servers? I want to avoid
that by all means, even if that prevents me to actually get these stats.

Thanks, Mt.

--
I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis.