Re: Debbugs CVS commit by cjwatson: source cgi/bugreport.cgi cgi/common.pl cgi/pkg ...

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:42:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 07:16:14PM -0600, Debbugs CVS wrote:
> > pkgreport.cgi now takes 'version', 'dist', and 'arch' arguments. If
> > [...] 'arch' is largely for completeness because it was easy, and narrows
> > this down to the version of a package on that particular architecture. It
> > defaults to i386.
>
> Erm, it'd be better if it defaulted to '*' -- so when you look for bugs
> in testing, you see all the bugs including the ones that only apply to
> the old m68k version that didn't get updated with all the others.

Hm, yeah. So the brave new world will be that bugs won't be listed as
fully closed in unstable until all architectures are in sync?

I think, then, we let the 'found' bugginess state win, then 'fixed',
then 'absent', so when listing bugs across architectures the buggiest
one wins. I've got untested code for that now.

> Maybe the "doesn't apply to this version" bugs could be listed iff some
> other option is set (say "showotherverbugs=yes")?

Eventually yes, although it's convenient for debugging at the moment.
Actually, maybe have it default to yes but allow "showotherverbugs=no"?
I rather like having them there to make sure bugs don't get lost, TBH.