Re: version tracking plans?

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 07:57:52PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 09:58:58PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > Colin'll probably roll out the CGI's this weekend -- that'll be a
> > non-event hopefully, since the .status files haven't changed, but will
> > get us moving.
>
> Yup, although I'd really like cvs.debian.org to be back first so that I
> can see what I'm doing. If I get it right the output will be identical
> for now unless you do &versiontest=yes.

I'm stretching the idea of "weekend" in my timezone a bit, but this is
done now. We have:

  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=foo&version=1.2.3-1
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=foo&dist=testing
  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=foo&dist=stable&arch=m68k

The last form is largely for completeness and because it was easy.
maint= and all the other primary keys should work too, although are a
bit less intuitive because you've potentially got lots of packages to
consider. dist defaults to unstable, and arch defaults to i386.

If you don't explicitly supply either version or dist, then the output
should be identical to what we had beforehand.

Oh yeah: if you're inclined to announce this on -devel-announce or DWN
or something, please don't. The above is STRICTLY EXPERIMENTAL and MIGHT
BREAK RANDOMLY AT ANY TIME. So there. We'll post to -devel-announce when
it isn't. It uses data files in my home directory on master right now,
which I might get round to moving into /org/bugs.debian.org at some
point. Oh, and the system's idea of what versions tree look like and
what versions are in the various distributions is currently subject to
me remembering to update it manually, so it may produce slightly weird
results for recent events.

Cheers,