Re: Closing bugs in removed packages, plus .status format change

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> I assumed we'd need a new type in debbugs.trace (to go with 'new',
> 'change', and 'archive'). Looking at it harder, though, that field seems
> to be purely cosmetic: nothing touches it.
>
> Could you please change makeindex.pl to recognize 'unarchive' as well as
> those three? I'd prefer to keep the operations separate.

Ok, done.

But, when control@bugs unarchives a bug, it will *not* reopen it.  That should
be a separate step.  This would need to be documented well, as I would see
some people thinking that the bug would be automatically reopened.

Btw, I'm working on changing the .status format.  There will be a new file,
.db, that will be formated like a dpkg control file.  My plan is to work on
some converter code offline, modify the existing .status reader, modify the
existing debbugs code to .....

NOT USE GLOBALS FOR BUG DATA,

and then when all looks good, disable the scripts, convert the files, and
reenable everything.

Note, that .status will be kept in sync with .db for awhile, to give others
time to convert their programs.