Re: A dak-based data source for contributors.debian.org, take two

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 09:39:00PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> >   # Sends what it finds to contributors.debian.org [3]
> >   ./dc-tool --mine=examples/ftp.debian.org --auth-token foobar --post
>
> Bad. And storing it in the config too. I would want to have the config
> as well as the call to the script in our dak repo, which obviously
> shouldn't have the auth-token. --auth-file pointing somewhere would be nice.

I see your point. You can now use @filename as an auth token and it will
use the content of that file, stripping leading and trailing whitespace.

> > I'd like to ask you to please review the queries, and schedule this all
> > in a cron job so that contribution information is kept up to date in
> > contributors.debian.org.
> dinstall, or daily, one of those two. 4 or 1 data deliveries a day?

Once a day is plenty enough.

> Is the code for this dc-tool in the python-debiancontributors package
> and could we use that, once the newest version is on backports, or do we
> need the git clone?

dc-tool is included in python-debiancontributors.

<digression>
You don't need to, but if you prefer to run the code inside dak, this is
what I do for nm.debian.org, where I run two standard scans, then add
extra data to the results:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=nm/nm2.git;a=blob;f=contributors/maintenance.py#l44
</digression>

Ciao,