Re: Bootstrapping: list of 81 self-cycles in Debian Sid

Hi,

Quoting Joerg Jaspert (2013-03-09 14:40:57)
> On 13145 March 1977, Johannes Schauer wrote:
> > So, I now joined #debian-ftp and subscribed to debian-dak@l.d.o. What would the
> > best way be to integrate the information about self cycles?
>
> Discuss with us. :)

My non-existent knowledge of dak is the current blocker I guess ;)

> Right. Cudf is currently not what I know. :)
> And no, our database is postgres.

Okay, I'll figure out how the database looks like.

> > The Ocaml code which does all the dependency resolution currently outputs JSON
> > files which are then turned into html by a python script.
>
> How hard would it be to have the whole thing in python?

Without any ocaml code ever executed? Not feasible. Everything is Ocaml right
now so it would be a complete rewrite of the SAT solver and parsers and
whatnot.

But it would be possible to write a Python binding to the ocaml code.

> If that is not feasible, then we have to work so that we are just "customers"
> of your code. Cloning it and running it, but hell no can we touch Ocaml. :)
> And when we change stuff that would need changes in the code too, we would
> keep you in the loop. (Would be database related to the information you need
> to get from there. Though we currently dont plan big reworks here... ).

Sure, maintaining this for longer would not be a problem.

> Now, when you cloned dak.git, you might want to take a look into setup/ which
> contains schema information (combined with dak/dakdb updates >> that schema
> version). Actually, the readme should let you get an own test setup pretty
> easy.  For the sql we take to get the packages/sources information, see
> dak/generate-packages-sources2.py.

Thanks! I'll check that out later. :)

I guess I can retrieve all fields which would normally be in a Sources.bz2 and
Packages.bz2 of all source and binary packages from the postgres db directly
using Python? Lets see how this glue-ing works out. :)

cheers, josch