Re: Bootstrapping: list of 81 self-cycles in Debian Sid

On 13145 March 1977, Johannes Schauer wrote:

>> How hard would it be to have the whole thing in python?
> Without any ocaml code ever executed? Not feasible. Everything is Ocaml right
> now so it would be a complete rewrite of the SAT solver and parsers and
> whatnot.

> But it would be possible to write a Python binding to the ocaml code.

Still leaves that (ocaml) code to be maintained by you only, so we have
to go with the second option.

> I guess I can retrieve all fields which would normally be in a Sources.bz2 and
> Packages.bz2 of all source and binary packages from the postgres db directly
> using Python? Lets see how this glue-ing works out. :)

As Sources and Packages (and Contents actually) are entirely generated
out of the postgres database - sure. The database is the master of the
data, so if you cant find it there, it doesnt exist.

--
bye, Joerg
Ich will ein anderes Telefon, das hier klingelt immer!