Re: dak testing/setup

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 08:18:01 +0100
Marcin Kulisz <debian@kulisz.net> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
> I'm not expert in DAK but done some fighting with it and I'm running one.
>
> > Is there a test/dev dak server accessible to DD's?
> >
> > Alternatively, can someone help with a completely fresh setup of dak
> > for testing?
> >
> > I'm getting errors from ./dak.py init-dirs
> >
> > I've got these packages installed in a squeeze chroot:
> > python-sqlalchemy python-apt gnupg dpkg-dev lintian binutils-multiarch
> > python-yaml less python-ldap python-pyrss2gen python-rrdtool symlinks
> > python-psycopg2 python-debian
>
> Is my understanding correct that you installed whole DAK in chroot?

I've had to currently, yes, as I don't have a Squeeze box with enough
available storage space to bring in a full dak archive for unstable and
testing. (I need to check for collisions when uploading Emdebian
packages alongside something approaching the normal archive.) I'm
hoping to obtain / install such a box once I've proved I can get dak
setup correctly.

> > postgres8.4 appears to be working and I'm using a minimal dak.conf -
> > the only real change was that my postgres was running on port 5433
> > instead of 5432.
>
> Below lines are from DAK README:
> '(the schema assumes at least postgresql 9.0; ftpmaster in Debian
> currently uses the squeeze postgresql 9.0 backport)'
> Maybe it's wise to comply and avoid complications?

OK, I missed that. So to have the supported version of python-sqlchemy
I need Squeeze but the postgres package needs to come from backports.
OK, I'll sort that out. Thanks.

> > I'm getting errors from dak init-dirs and trying to feed to existing
> > sql schemas to postgres directly didn't help.
>
> My understanding is that 'dak init-dirs' is taking data from dak.conf
> more then from DB

I've set the relevant port (which changed, I think, because I was using
a chroot) and paths, that's about all I've changed from README.config.

> > Any ideas?
>
> Maybe daft question from my side but are you sure that you have all
> tables in DB and your search_path is correct?

My daft assumption was that dak init-dirs would create all the relevant
tables if the DB was completely empty....

I'll have another try at it later.

--

Neil Williams