Re: FTPTeam: Programming fun task available

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 08:45:40AM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote [edited]:
> I actually just thought of one dir. There is our git repo with all of
> them, which is checked out on all archives we run. And there is a
> run.d into which we symlink all scripts that should run on the
> particular archive.

That's fine. Effectively, we're talking about a single job set (=FSM) per
host.

Something else I'd like to double check: I think of 'dinstall', like init, as
a process that will fork all runnable jobs, stay around to collect their
return codes, fork even more jobs as their dependencies are satisfied, and
eventually exit when the job set is complete (or until it's asked to
checkpoint and exit as soon as only the currently running jobs finish).
That's, as opposed to merely print what jobs to run next, and let the running
by handled externally (which is basically already in place).

Functionality wise, is there anything else that's needed by the end of the
month?

-S

PS. when do you expect to annotate the existing scripts with
provides/depends/priority? if it's easier, just put them in an ascii table,
like you did in your first email