Re: FTPTeam: Programming fun task available

>> 2) each script has the information about itself, what it provides,
>>    depends, priority. They are then linked into a directory, and
>>    "dinstall" looks into that dir, and from all links figures out in
>>    which order it runs them. (Hello init system once more :) )
> Just to make sure I understand this:
> - the dinstall /etc/init.d/ will have the sum of all scripts used by all FSMs
> - each of /etc/rc{a,b,c,...} will indicates the nodes (scripts) of a FSM with
>   links to the install /etc/init.d/
> - the dinstall scripts will define priority/provides/requires (pretty much
>   like lsb headers in init scripts)

Just a short reply, before I head off to work:
I actually just thought of one dir. There is our git repo with all of
them, which is checked out on all archives we run. And there is a
run.d into which we symlink all scripts that should run on the
particular archive.

But if it turns out that many rcX.d like dirs are easier for the
executing part later, then fine. Then we need one script to setup the
rcX.d farm, and one to execute them in order

--
bye, Joerg
<exa> look i can't afford to to any more work without becoming a DD