Re: smart upload server

On Mon, 24, May, 2010 at 11:25:54AM +0200, Petr Jašek spoke thus..
> Hi
>
> I'm Peter, working on Smart Upload Server during GSoC [0], which just
> started, and i want/need you to help me specify the whole thing.
>
> My current idea is based on [1], but create such thing over HTTP now,
> and with possibility to use some others transport protocols in future.

I'm still fairly unhappy with the idea of needing special support for
uploading packages as a whole.  Can someone re-outline what this
actually wins us over simply rewriting debianqueued in a sensible manner
and continuing to allow simple, generic, anonymous ftp access?

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will."
     Tony Blair