Re: Suspension of proposed-updates < testing version check

[continuing on debian-dak only. using both, debian-dak and ftpmaster@ is
 a little too much]

>> please suspend proposed-updates' MustBeOlderThan check for testing.
>> The whole set of cross suite checks should be rethought and rewritten but
>> this might solve our immediate pain with uploads for the next point release.
>> Fixes for issues to be fixed in stable will also be fixed in testing
>> through unstable or a targetted upload to tpu.

> Currently if one wants to fix something in stable, there should be a
> higher version in testing on all architectures as otherwise it will be
> rejected for at least the architectures that don't have a higher version
> in testing.

> Propagation is currently not a real option as propagating what's
> uploaded to stable to testing-proposed-updates and possibly unstable
> would mean that what's not yet built would get built on testing and

If we propup it will not be to t-p-u, it will be to testing.
The schema of stable <= testing <= unstable has to hold true.

--
bye, Joerg
You're in good shape for being a Debian, with a SAP background