Re: Suspension of proposed-updates < testing version check

Philipp Kern wrote:
> Dear FTP master,
>
> please suspend proposed-updates' MustBeOlderThan check for testing.
> The whole set of cross suite checks should be rethought and rewritten but
> this might solve our immediate pain with uploads for the next point release.
>
> Fixes for issues to be fixed in stable will also be fixed in testing
> through unstable or a targetted upload to tpu.

Currently if one wants to fix something in stable, there should be a
higher version in testing on all architectures as otherwise it will be
rejected for at least the architectures that don't have a higher version
in testing.

Propagation is currently not a real option as propagating what's
uploaded to stable to testing-proposed-updates and possibly unstable
would mean that what's not yet built would get built on testing and
possibly unstable: the one that gets uploaded first would be accepted so
it's unclear in what environment something would get built; or
propagating it to testing would mean propagating it for every
architecture as testing itself is not autobuilt (the same issue as
before holds for unstable though).

Cheers

Luk