Re: build-simple-cdd with --conf myconf.conf and --profiles myprofile doesn't seem to work

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 02:43:18PM -0600, Danny Brown wrote:
> command line
> build-simple-cdd --profiles-udeb-dist sid --conf myconf.conf
> --profiles myprofile. I know that either --conf ... or --profiles
> myprofile, when selected alone will work but not together.

it is because the contents of your myconf.conf override values specified on the
commandline:

> # Profiles to include on the CD
> profiles=""
> #profiles="x-basic ltsp"

this resents the profiles value to empty. so it will then ignore the profile
you selected on the commandline for some, if not all operations.

i'd recommend just specifying it in the working directory:

  mkdir -p my-simple-cdd/profiles
  cd my-simple-cdd
  # you could use an editor rather than multiple calls to echo, of course:
  echo locale=en_US >> profiles/myprofile.conf
  echo server=ftp.egr.msu.edu >> profiles/myprofile.conf
  echo debian_mirror=http://$server/debian/ >> profiles/myprofile.conf
  echo wget_debian_mirror=ftp://$server/debian/ >> profiles/myprofile.conf

  # you can leave this out if you're building a lenny system:
  # echo profiles_udeb_dist=sid >> profiles/myprofile.conf

  # echo all_extras=/full/path/to/some/file >> profiles/myprofile.conf

  # drop all your other profiles/myprofile.* in profiles/

  build-simple-cdd --profiles myprofile

this keeps your commandline shorter, keeps non-packaged stuff in your working
directory rather than in /usr/share/simple-cdd, and keeps the configuration all
in one place.

good luck!

live well,
  vagrant