Re: Debtags and Blends tasks pages

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Ben Armstrong wrote:

- To componentize Debian Jr. so that people can pick and choose only
those parts of it that are relevant to them.  It would augment our more
rigid, coarser categorization in our metapackages and may even be good
enough to either simplify it (reducing it to, say, three or four basic
groupings rather than the ~20 we have now).

Sounds like a reasonable strategy.  The reasonable number of
components might differ from Blend to Blend.

- To expand on our core with some recommendations of software that Jr.
users might find interesting outside of the core.  Strict control over
the workflow isn't needed, and indeed isn't even desirable to
accomplish this.

What do you have in mind by "strict" control?

It would allow us to update our recommendations after
the release has gone out without having to upload new metapackages and
may be a more democratic process for making such recommendations.

I fail to see what you mean with democratic.  Could you try to
explain in more technical terms?

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de