New tasks web pages for all CDDs

Hi,

I'm proud to announce the availability of web pages (we call it "tasks pages")
for Custom Debian Distributions which give an easy overview which packages
are included into the CDD and on which projects a CDD is working on.  In my
eyes such kind of pages give a very quick and simple answer to the questions
of outsiders who are wondering what we are doing when we say we are working
on a Custom Debian Distribution.

The Wiki page

      http://wiki.debian.org/CustomDebian/TasksPages

provides quick links to the pages of five CDDs that are using the cdd-dev
framework to build metapackages.  The generation of the pages is done
automatically twice a day from the tasks files of the CDD source package.

A special accent was put on translation because the target audience are
users which are not necessarily very skilled in English.  So every fixed
string of the web pages can be translated into several languages in the
po directory of the SVN repository of the code which generates the pages[1].
The translation of the package descriptions were obtained from the
Debian Description Translation Project[2] as far as these are available.
To promote the DDTP effort every description is accompanied by a link
to the DDTP information of the package in question.  I really hope to be
able to awake your interest into this project to start translating
package descriptions which should be helpful to promote Free Software
as a set of packages fulfilling a defined task.

Just tell me if you want to see further languages added.

If you want to tweak some parameters of a CDD or just want to add a new
one you should have a look into the webconf directory of SVN[1].  These
files should be self explanatory - documentation will follow in the
Custom Debian Distributions paper.

Some further enhancements of the pages will happen soon.  This effort
is the beginning of even more pages with information about CDDs as
they were developed by David Paleino for Debian Med.  (Special thanks
goes here to David who did the initial step for these pages and cared
for the layout.)

If you want to support this effort please provide DDTP translations!

Kind regards

          Andreas.

 [1]  svn://svn.debian.org/cdd/cdd/trunk/webtools
 [2]  http://ddtp.debian.net
 [3]  http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/

Direct links to the tasks pages (mentioned as well at the wiki page):

 http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/edu/tasks      Debian Edu
 http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/gis/tasks      Debian GIS
 http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/junior/tasks   Debian Junior
 http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks   Debian Med