Re: custom vs. derivative (Re: packages.gz corrupt, missing packages and other issues)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

And IMO, either something is a Debian Subdistribution or not. Thats quite
binary in my opinion :-)

Yes.  Either something fits a definition or not.  Our task is now to
find a reasonable definition for "Debian Subdistribution" write it down
and stick to it.

OTOH, I also think something can be called a Debian Subdistribution, even if
the aim, to be 100% part of Debian has not been achieved yet. As long as
there is this aim and work on this aim is being done.

This is perfectly OK for me and might become a part of the definition.

Good night, and thanks for all the (jelly?)fish!

I think it was definitely no cat (fish). ;-)

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de