Re: Question about how to customize my distro

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Jesus A. Dominguez S. wrote:

Hi, I make my own distro and I make the basics .debs to customized,
but now I want to customized a little more, I wonder if some one here
can help me with some things...

Well, I guess you are also tricked by the badly choosen name Custom
Debian Distributions which sounds like it is about building something
else than Debian.  But it is the contrary: We try to enhance Debian
internally to support special user groups.  This is explained in

    http://wiki.debian.org/CustomDebian   or in more detail
    http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/

So you might perhaps be a little bit more verbose about your customisation
and it might be possible that your customisations might be intersting in
this scope.

1.- How can I put and remove directs access to de panels? i have seen
in the gconf-editor the objects added on the panels (after the
installation,  and adding the options manually) , but how do i create
the objects at the installation time?? If I not wrong the
_/apps/panel/objects/objectX_ not exists , so if I call it, it may be
and error no?

Hmm, sorry, I'm afraid I do not understand this problem.

2.- How can I remove some options of the menu applications (programation,
games, etc), an also remove items from the submenu options like
alacarte from the
menu accessories, and others.

We are currently developing means to tweak the menus for Custom Debian
Distributions.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de