Re: 3 developer meetings in Extremadura 2007

On 7/6/07, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Gustavo Franco wrote:

> I would be glad to participate in such a event even if just online
> since I'm not in Europe,

If I read the announcement correctly there is a chance for additional
sponsoring ...

oh, right.

(...)
> I've been working on dig since the last debcamp, and the side effect
> of a full featured new debian-cd is that it converts Simple-CDD in a
> simple "profile selector", something that can be added as a plugin
> into dig later. Keep in mind that there's no need to burn Simple-CDD
> and CDD toolkit from the first day. Simple-CDD already contains code
> to pick a different debian-cd for dig tests. Obsolete Simple-CDD and
> pretty much other CDD tools is a dig side effect, not really a goal.
> It will happen simple because redoing debian-cd we can extend it for
> our current needs in a way that Debian is just a CDD with one D and C.
> :-)

Is there any documentation about dig available?

It was carlospc's SoC project in the last year (Sledge was the
mentor), so there's some documentation about the first leg of
development[0], but not much about this second phase yet. I've
contacted carlos with no feedback from him, I, Otavio and Sledge
talked about the subject during debconf and he (Steve) was open to my
contributions and once I've 0.1 able to build daily or weekly images
in parallel with debian-cd, we will do so.

[0] = http://wiki.debian.org/debian-cd-ng
[1] = http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com/2007/06/debcamp-updates-round-ii.html

> Well, great idea anyway. I hope to see you there or work online in some form.

As I said - there should be ways to join in real life.

I hope so. FYI, I'm also working on Sacix CDD - www.sacix.org.br ,
site available in portuguese brazilian only, sorry. Sacix installs a
set of desktop related packages, ltsp and its preconfigured
dependencies (eg: dhcp, nfs) automatically, running ltsp-build-client
for the user into the postinst using just the d-i 'hooks' through
Simple-CDD, partitioning is up to the user, btw.

cheers,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com
get debian @ http://get.debian.net/
ps: Do I need to keep Ccing: you? I think you might be subscribed to
-custom, sorry for the dup in advance. :-)