Re: Extra files with simple-cdd

Hi list!

I mounted the cd in the postinst file,

mount /media/cdrom

and I got a copy of every file from

/media/cdrom0/simple-cdd

At the end I umount'ed the device.

About the modification to usr/lib/finish-install.d/14simple-cdd is up
to you, but I think it would alter it's original purpose. We only need
more documentation about this, and this maillist seems to be the best
place =)

Thanks bod!

On 15/06/07, vagrant@freegeek.org <vagrant@freegeek.org> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:44:24AM -0500, David Jimenez wrote:
> I'm trying to build a debian install cd using simple-cdd with custom
> packages and configuration files like SSH keys for remote access an so
> on.
...snip...

> #!/bin/sh
> DIR=/target/media/cdrom/simple-cdd
>
> mkdir -p /home/sensor/.ssh
> cp $DIR/authorized_keys2 /home/sensor/.ssh/authorized_keys2
...snip...
> but the cp can't find "make stat" the file authorized_keys2. What's wrong??

> I found in /usr/lib/finish-install.d/14simple-cdd that the
> default.postinst is executed using a copy located in
> /target/usr/local/simple-cdd using a function called "in-target", but
> I couldn't find any reference to that.

in-target is essentially a wrapper that does "chroot /target/" and a few
other things. so what /usr/lib/finish-install.d/14simple-cdd does is
copies the file into the chroot, and executes it.

> How can I copy an extra file to the installed system??

you probably have to mount (and unmount) the cdrom as part of your
*.postinst script(s).

if that proves impossible, maybe we can copy the contents of
/cdrom/simple-cdd to /target/usr/local/simple-cdd (or somewhere else) as
part of the finish-install.d/14simple-cdd script. kind of ugly, but the
postinst scripts are kind of ugly in general.

i debated weather the *.postinst should be run from debian-intaller or
within the target system... i really don't want to have both *.postinst
and *.postinst-but-not-chrooted :)

live well,
  vagrant