Re: Simple-CDD

On 6/11/07, Kunszt Arpad <arpad@deverto.com> wrote:
Hi!

I'm new on this list. I try to make for my company a custom Debian
install CD which we can to give our customers.
I made some succes but I still have some problems:
    - How can I add our custom build kernel to the list of the available
kernels during the installation?

If you've a repository containing debs (including kernel) and the name
scheme is the same as Debian it will download the latest stuff and
push it into the CD. Alternatively you can point to the debs using
--local-packages (as you do with simple-cdd-profiles udeb).

    - How can I rename the .iso file? I looked into the configuration
but didn't found this.

You're right, there's no option to change the iso name using
simple-cdd, but it can be considered. Actually rename it using mv
won't hurt.

    - I want to write a simple script which can install our product at
the end of the installation procedure. It will be nice if it can
"integrate" into the installer. How can I find informations and/or
examples about this? I looked into the simple-cdd's udeb but it's a
little bit too hard at the first glance.

The best way is preparing a deb package of your product. If a deb
package of your product is in place (deb repository or local directory
as cited above), it will be easier to figure out how to make your
final image contain and install it. Remember to list the package into
profiles/default.packages.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com