Re: Proposal for a new CDD sub-project: Debian4Business

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Joey Hess wrote:

Er, do you know that it's possible to create a deb that, when installed,
extends tasksel with any tasks you like? And d-i has hooks to allow a CDD
to easily install such debs.

Yes, you are right and I'm even doing this in the med-common package.
But I do not really regard this as a really nice solution if those
extra tasks are mixed with the default Debian tasks.  The resulting
list has no logical structure and looks simply strange to an outsider.
That's why I would prefer a multi level feature for tasksel as proposed
in the separate thread.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de