Re: working with debian cd

Hi all:

I think i need to learn about tasksel. I need a help on using  tasksel.

I have a customCD which has base pacakges + xserver-xorg +
xwindow-system +xfce4 in my pool.

When i install from that CD., only the base system is installed and
seems successfull.

After that i boot into the new system and added the following to the
/usr/share/tasksel/debian-tasks.desc
--
Task: desktop
Section: user

Then i mounted my CD . and ran: tasksel.

I selected the "XFCE Desktop environment" option and press OK.
At this time i think it sud install the packages xfce4,x-window-system
and xserver-xorg. which is not happeing.  is it correct? or there is
some extra things i have to do to install them.

And also: if i do at shell: apt-get install xserver-xorg x-window-system xfce4
It is installed successfully and can use my xfce4 desktop env without
any problem.

For the time being in order to know/learn tasksel i want my pacakges
to be installed by tasksel.

I really need help from you guys.
Thanks
Paras.