Re: Google Summer of Code 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Free Ekanayaka wrote:

in the last couple of week I've found the time to  dig into the source
code of PDK from Progeny:

http://componentizedlinux.org/index.php/PDK

What about trying to all push on it?

I have doubts that this would ever be a Debian internal technique because
it was not designed as such a tool.  It sounds interesting but it draws
us farer away from the goal to keep each Custom Debian Distribution as
a subset of Debian.  So nothing against PDK but it will probably not work
for CDD development.  For instance I do not see a way to make use of
Debtags in PDK which I would really like to see in CDD tools.

Kind regards

http://fam-tille.de