Re: Google Summer of Code 2006

|--==> Sergio Talens-Oliag writes:

  ST> El Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 10:39:57AM +0100, Baruch Even va escriure:
  >>Hi,
  >>
  >>Would anyone in Debian-Custom be interested in fleshing out some
  >>projects to do in Debian-Custom?
  >>
  >>Google Summer of Code is paying students to do projects in FOSS and it
  >>is a great opportunity to get some help with doing work that is needed
  >>but no one has time to actually do. Debian is participating this year
  >>and we need peoples to suggest worthy projects. If you are interesting
  >>in mentoring projects also contact me for registration details.

  ST> I have a complete proposal about a tool I've been developing since a lot of
  ST> time ago:

  ST>   http://wiki.debian.org/CDDT/

  ST> The development is a little bit stalled as I'm trying to have time to work on
  ST> it, if you want to include it on the Google Summer of Code its OK for me (I
  ST> offer myself for mentoring if someone is interested on the project).

Hi all,

in the last couple of week I've found the time to  dig into the source
code of PDK from Progeny:

http://componentizedlinux.org/index.php/PDK

and I think it's a quite mature tool already (widely undocumented yet,
though), and should  address  most of  the needs of  CDDs.  I've  also
submitted some   patches and the PDK  team  has been  very friendly in
accepting them. All in all  the project seems very  active, and I plan
to further contribute it and eventually  get to the  point where I can
use it in real productions (we are not far from that).

What about trying to all push on it?

Cheers,

Free