Re: howto build cdd?

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 06:45:59PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Sorry to bug people here in the n-th time, but I still fail to build a
> custom Debian CD in a decent automated manner and I try to figure out
> what I'm missing.
>
> What I did:
>
> There is an ellusive script called "simple-cdd". It doesn't seem to be
> part of any Debian package. I'm not sure what version seems to be the
> most recent and tested.

the last release was announced on this list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2005/10/msg00010.html

i haven't worked on it much since then.

i tested it using tools and build environment from sarge, with the exception of
debpartial-mirror 0.2.11.

stable svn (i.e. released as part of a package):

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-np/trunk/packages/simple-cdd

development svn is:

svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-np/people/vagrant/simple-cdd

the only difference at the moment is that one has minor updates to some
of the example profiles.

it probably makes more sense to move it into the debian-custom svn, but
i haven't gotten around to that yet.

> Feature-wise it seems just what I need. The sole
> problem is that it doesn't work.

well, i've released several functional CD images with it, as have
others. so it's probably a lacking in the documentation department.

sorry i haven't had much chance to work on it more- i'd like to try and
get it working with etch and packages into the official debian.org archives.

i'll hopefully have some free time during debconf6 in mexico to work on it
more as well as other debian-custom related stuff.

live well,
  vagrant